7.24.2007

Ideas wanted

So I may have mentioned before that I was given the opportunity to do something different for work. I told you to email me to find out what it was, and well, nobody did…guess I know where I rate! Anyway, it turns out that the different thing isn’t as easy to launch as I thought it would be, mostly because actual work keeps getting in the way and I find I have very little time for it. Another road block is that it is really hard to come up with ideas for a work related blog. There I’ve said it; my idea was to launch a work blog to help us filter more people to our actual website. I had lots of great ideas in the plan I pitched to my boss, but have I mentioned that it is hard? The goal is really only to start generating a buzz about what we do, and since we are a tiny company our advertising budget is almost non-existent. My thought was that I enjoy blogging as a hobby (can I call it that?), so why not extend it into the realm of work. Can you say naïve?

Click for larger image

I’m really struggling with a way to just give you a link to the other blog (perhaps if you googled the words in the picture above you might be able to find it), but I still have this insane idea that my blog is a private thing and that my coworkers know nothing about it. The fact that I’ve shown several of them my house remodeling photos from this blog doesn’t even wave this belief. So should I just give you the link? I mean attracting a bunch of my friends to my work blog isn’t exactly my intent, but I do want to drive traffic to the site. I am supposed to present my idea to the entire company at our annual meeting next month, and it would be nice to show that we have had more than 4 visits to the site by then. Do any of you have any experience with a professional blog? Do you have any ideas about ways to drive quality traffic to my other blog that you would be willing to share?

5 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a neat idea. I tried google, but couldn't find the link. Perhaps if you type it in, but without a hyperlink, that way we also would have to type the address directly?

Leslie said...

Hey I also tried to find it (I learned to spell a new word - modularity) but I did not find it either.

Heather Hartwig said...

Okay I'm going to type the non linked url here in the comments, so you dedicated few can see it. For some reason I'm just not ready to type it in a post yet.

modularmanagagement.blogspot.com

DinaBean said...

OK, tried this after not getting any google love and it is down?

Heather Hartwig said...

I am an idiot, I didn't spell the link right the last time.

modularmanagement.blogspot.com