6.21.2015

And just like that you are Twelve

The summer solstice is one of the best days of the year for many people. For our family it holds even more meaning as it is the day that The Boy was born. I can still remember waking up that Saturday morning 12 years ago, going about my normal routines but also knowing that it was my due date. I didn't really expect you to be born on time, but you were. And just like that we were parents, and you have changed us in ways we didn't know were possible. We love you so much, and are thrilled that we get to be your parents. Happy Birthday J!


Baby J

New baby J and a tired new mom
One year old
2 years old (with baby sister)
3 years old
4 years old
5 years old

6 years old

7 years old (and an awesome Mario cake made by Grandma)

8 years old

9 years old

10 years old (had to have a soccer picture included)

11 years old with our new puppy
Nearly 12 years old in this picture


Even if I was a little annoyed to be woken up unusually early for a Sunday by you and your buddies this morning I was grateful that you are here to share our lives. You bring so much to this world, and I know that your quiet thoughtful always noticing always feeling self is going to continue to bring a lot of joy into this world. Enjoy your birthday buddy, and I will maybe enjoy another cup or 2 of coffee to make up for my lack of sleep.














No comments: